The following page provides an overview of the presentation provided at the 2021 Student Information Session.
This page will be updated regularly. If you have any queries please call (03) 5229 0004 or send us an email.
Teaching & Administration Staff
- Mr Damian McKew
- Mrs Kylie Power
- Mr Tom Harriott
Year 7 Leaders
- Mrs Carmen Ahearn
- Mr Steve Parker
Year 8 Leaders
- Mr Nathan Pisani
- Ms Anthea Sholl
- Mrs Carmen Ahearn (Head of Year 7/Head of Learning)
- Ms Jodie Carter-Blackhall
- Mr Nathan Pisani (Head of Year 8/Head of Learning)
- Miss Anna Haintz
- Ms Margaret McArthur (College Organisation)
- Mrs Paula Hardy
- Mr Wayne Walsh (Sport Coordinator)
- Mrs Gina Oliver
- Mr David Bourke
- Ms Anthea Sholl (Head of Year 8/Head of Learning)
- Ms Micarlé Callea
- Ms Melissa Nantsou
- Mrs Bernadette Lane (Staff Mentor Wellbeing and Diversity)
New Teaching Staff 2021
- Mrs Kylie Power
- Mr Steve Parker (Head of Year 7/Head of Learning)
- Mrs Lauren Flint
- Ms Loretta Bretherton
- Mr Dean Henneman
- Mr Heath Cambridge
- Mr Justin Higgins
- Mr Damian Harrington
- Mrs Cassie Healy
- Mrs Cathy Jack
- Ms Julie Cole
Iona College Governors
- Fr Jim Clark (Parish Priest of St Mary’s Parish Geelong)
- Fr Linh Tran (Parish Priest of Nazareth Parish Grovedale/Torquay)
- Ms Lucy Carroll (Training Manager at the Institute of Positive Education, Geelong Grammar School)
- Mr Robert Aron (Western Region General Manager Catholic Education Melbourne)
Iona College Advisory Board
- Mr Paul Tobias (Board Chair)
- Mrs Julie Whelan
- Ms Jo Hart
- Ms Sara Morgante
- Mr Gerard McKenzie
- Mr Stephen Elder
- Ms Mari Portaro
Our intention is to add members to the Advisory Board over the next two years.
Building Works Update
- Stage 1 Complete (start of 2020)
- Stage 2(A) Oval – Completion December 2020
- Stage 2(B) Gymnasium / Food Technology – Starting January 2021
- Stage 3 Specialist Facilities (Science, Art, Technology, Multimedia, STEM) – Starting January 2021
- Stage 4 Administration and Student Services Centre – Commencing in 2023
- Orientation Day will be held on Tuesday 8 December 2020
- Community Groups
- Learning Support Team
- SWD funding arrangements (Importance of documentation)
- External Supports (Engaged where appropriate in consultation with parents)
- Wellbeing Programs (Resilience Project/Respectful Relationships)
- All staff will be First Aid trained.
- First Aid Room (within Administration area) will be open at recess and lunchtime, as well as for any emergency or First Aid issues that may arise during the course of the school day.
- The Immunisation Program, provided by Barwon Health, is part of the free National Immunisation Program and is facilitated by the school.
- The College will make contact with you to discuss the management of conditions such as anaphylaxis, chronic allergies, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or any other medical condition that may impact on your child’s health and learning.
- Operoo (Caremonkey) has been engaged by Iona.
- Each student will be required to have a College Diary (booklisted)
- College Website- www.iona.vic.edu.au
- Blog Update (no printed newsletter)
- Staff Contact (email, phone, meeting)
- Parent Access Module (PAM)
- Iona Book Provider is Office Max/Winc https://www.officemaxschools.com.au/
- Booklist will be emailed out to families mid November 2020.
- Cost of laptop is included in fees.
- New laptop allocation in Year 10.
- Insurance is included.
- Repairs for a damaged device completed at school, however there is a $100 excess charged to parents for daramage outside of warranty.
Bus Travel & Routes
In 2021, Iona College will be chartering five bus services. These bus routes will be emailed to all families shortly.
Each enrolment has been geo-coded to come up with the best possible routes for our bus service.
Some students will be required to take a link or country bus to a specified pick up point to catch the Iona bus service.
For any Iona bus enquiries regarding the three routes provided, please email us at email@example.com.
For any information regarding bus links to the Iona buses, please refer to the McHarry’s website or you can contact McHarry’s Buslines on 5223 2111.
Please note that any stops that are suggested to must already be apart of the five Iona Bus Routes.
School Fees & Charges
The 2021 Iona College fees will be confirmed in December by our Business Manager, Mr Tom Harriott. (Please note that our 2020 fees were $5650)
These fees includes:
- All tuition fees and levies
- Year level camp / excursions
- Laptop costs (including insurance)
The 2021 Iona College fees do not include:
- Booklist items
- Chartered Iona Bus ($360 levied with fees)
- Triumph Ticket (between $20 and $30)
- Public Transport Costs
Learning & Teaching
- Integration of Learning
- Collaborative opportunities
- Project and Passion Based Learning opportunities.
- Foundation and Enhancement opportunities.
- English (Literacy)
- Maths (Numeracy)
- Religious Education
- Health & Physical Education
- LOTE (Indonesian)
- Learning to Learn
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Digital Technology
- Community Group – Wellbeing
- No Homework will be issued for Year 7 in Term 1.
- Students are still expected to read daily.
- Library for students and a relationship with Geelong Regional Library.
Important Times & Dates
School Operating Hours
- School Times: 9.00am – 3.05pm
- Reception Hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday 8 December 2020 – Orientation Day
- Monday 18 January 2021- College Office Opens
- Friday 29 January 2021 – Laptop Collection
- Monday 1 February 2021 – First day of school for students
- Wednesday 10 February 2021 – School Photos
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Immunisations
- Thursday 25 February 2021 – Parent Welcome Night (6pm)
- 7 – 9 June 2021 – Camp (YMCA Phillip Island)