The following page provides an overview of the presentation provided at the 2020 Student Information Session.
This page will be updated regularly in the lead up to the school opening. If you have any queries please call (03) 5229 0004 or send us an email.
Teaching & Administration Staff
- Mrs Carmen Ahearn
- Ms Jodie Carter-Blackhall
- Mr Nathan Pisani
- Miss Anna Haintz
- Ms Margaret McArthur
- Mrs Paula Hardy
- Mr Wayne Walsh
- Mrs Gina Oliver
- Mr David Bourke
- Ms Anthea Sholl
- Ms Micarlé Callea
- Ms Melissa Nantsou
- Mrs Cassie Healy
- Mrs Cathy Jack
- Mr Tom Harriott
Iona College Governors
- Fr Jim Clark (Parish Priest of St Mary’s Parish Geelong)
- Fr Linh Tran (Parish Priest of Nazareth Parish Grovedale/Torquay)
- Ms Lucy Carroll (Training Manager at the Institute of Positive Education, Geelong Grammar School)
- Mr Robert Aron (Western Region General Manager Catholic Education Melbourne)
Iona College Advisory Board
- Mr Paul Tobias (Board Chair)
- Mrs Julie Whelan
- Ms Jo Hart
- Ms Sara Morgante
- Mr Gerard McKenzie
- Mr Stephen Elder
Our intention is to add members to the Advisory Board over the next two years.
Building Works Update
- Stage 1 Completion December 9
- Stage 1(A) Oval – Commencement within three weeks
- Stage 1(B) Gymnasium / Food Technology (March 2020)
- Stage 2 Specialist Facilities (Science, Art, Technology, Multimedia, STEM) (March 2020)
- Gazetted Transition date of 10 December will not apply to Iona College.
- Transition will commence on the first day of school – Monday 3 February 2020 and there will be a focus on this over the first two weeks of the term.
Wellbeing at Iona College
- Learning Groups (1-12)
- Student Support Team (Advertised next weekend)
- SWD funding Arrangements (Importance of documentation)
- External Supports (Engaged where appropriate in consultation with parents)
- Wellbeing Programs (Resilience Project/Respectful Relationships)
Health & Wellbeing
- All staff will be First Aid trained.
- Sick Bay (within Administration area) – open at recess and lunchtime, as well as for any emergency or First Aid issues that may arise during the course of the school day.
- The Immunisation Program, provided by Barwon Health, is part of the free National Immunisation Program and is facilitated by the school (Tuesday 21 April 2020)
- The College will make contact with you to discuss the management of conditions such as anaphylaxis, chronic allergies, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or any other medical condition that may impact on your child’s health and learning.
- CareMonkey or equivalent system will be engaged by Iona.
- Each student will be required to have a College Diary (booklisted)
- College Website- www.iona.vic.edu.au (information from tonight published by Monday 21 October)
- Blog Update (no printed newsletter)
- Staff Contact (email, phone, meeting)
- Parent Access Module (PAM)
- Uniform Supplier is PSW who is located at 164 Malop Street Geelong
- Formal uniform purchase is compulsory (we will provide further information on this).
- Iona Book Provider is Office Max/Winc https://www.officemaxschools.com.au/
- Download Booklist.
Book Delivery Costs
|Orders Placed||Delivery Fee|
|On or before 15 December 2019||Free of Charge|
|After 15 December||$12.95|
|Orders Placed||Delivery timeframe|
|On or before 1 December 2019||Prior to the end of December|
|On or before 31 December 2019||Before the start of Term 1|
|After 31 December 2019||Delivery cannot be guaranteed prior to Term 1|
Laptops & Lockers
- Currently negotiating with three IT Companies re: Laptop and service provision
- College has a high speed fibre connection and equipped for Wi-Fi connection
- Each student allocated a locker and a standard lock will be booklisted
- Important that lockers are always locked
Bus Travel & Routes
In 2020, Iona College will be chartering three bus services.
- Route 1 – Northern > Central Geelong > Charlemont VIEW MAP
- Route 2 – Jan Juc > Torquay > Ocean Grove > Barwon Heads VIEW MAP
- Route 3 – Belmont > Highton > Armstrong Creek > Waurn Ponds > Mt Duneed VIEW MAP
Each enrolment has been geo-coded to come up with the best possible routes for our bus service.
As mentioned at previous information sessions, some students will be required to take a link or country bus to a specified pick up point to catch the Iona bus service.
For any Iona bus enquiries regarding the three routes provided, please email us at email@example.com.
For any information regarding bus links to the Iona buses, please refer to the McHarry’s website https://mcharrys.com.au/ or you can contact McHarry’s Buslines on 5223 2111.
Please note that any stops that are suggested to must already be apart of the three Iona Bus Routes.
School Fees & Charges
The 2020 Iona College fee is $5,650. This includes:
- All tuition fees and levies
- Year level camp / excursions
- Laptop costs (including insurance)
The 2020 Iona College fees do not include:
- Booklist items
- Chartered Iona Bus ($350)
- Triumph Ticket (between $20 and $30)
- Public Transport Costs
Learning & Teaching
- Intention to work with staff on Scope and Sequence.
- Integrate Learning
- Provide collaborative opportunities
- Provide Project Based Learning opportunities.
- Provide Foundation & Enhancement opportunities.
- English (Literacy)
- Maths (Numeracy)
- Religious Education & Wellbeing
- Health & Physical Education
- LOTE (Indonesian)
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Digital Technology
- Learning Groups
- No Homework will be issued in Term 1
- Students are still expected to read
- Homework policy will be developed, but it is likely that the only Homework issued in Year 7 will be in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Library will be developed with students and a relationship is also being established with Geelong Library Services.
Important Times & Dates
School Operating Hours
- School Times: 9.00am – 3.10pm
- Reception Hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Friday 31 January (from 1pm) TBC – Book Drop
- Monday 20 January – College Office Opens
- Monday 3 February 2020 – First day of school for students
- Thursday 27 February – Welcome Night
- April – Official Opening-TBC
- 9 – 11 June – Camp (YMCA Lake Dewar-Myrniong)
- Student Free Days 2020 (Calendar Publication)