The selection process is governed by the following criteria, in order of priority:
- Catholic students from Catholic primary schools
- Catholic students from non-Catholic primary schools
- Students from other Christian denominations including Orthodox
- Students from primary schools local to Iona College (Grovedale, Marshall, Charlemont, Armstrong Creek, Mt Duneed, Torquay)
Students enrolling will require documentary evidence which includes:
- Birth Certificate;
- Certificate of Baptism, Communion and Confirmation;
- Year 5 NAPLAN report;
- Year 5 student school report;
- Supporting documentation for students who are currently receiving or eligible for integration funding (if applicable);
- Custody of Court order documentation;
- Citizenship certificate or passport or travel documents for non Australian residents or non Australian born students;
- Proof of descent document (confirmation of Aboriginality) for students of Aboriginal/Torres Straight descent (if applicable).
The information presented below summarises and explains the sequence of activities during the enrolment year and gives approximate dates/deadlines for each of the enrolment events.
Tour of the SchoolWhilst we are still hoping that we will be able to reintroduce visits in Term 2, we are also looking at ways to provide information about our College via other sources. A virtual tour of Iona College is currently available via the following link: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VCkTLz9BPdg
Application for EnrolmentFamilies must complete and submit the online 2021 Enrolment Form.
|Applications close Friday 22 May 2020|
Assessment of ApplicantsFamilies with multiple applications (at Iona and/or Sacred Heart and/or St Ignatius and/or Clonard and/or St Joseph’s) who are likely to receive an offer are contacted and asked to indicate their first preference.
|Early- Mid June|
First Round OffersFamilies are notified by email of either successful application or unsuccessful application.
|Friday 26 June 2020|
Acceptance (or decline) of OffersAccepting families must submit an Enrolment Form and pay an Establishment Fee of $250 by the date specified. Unsuccessful families are asked to reply to the unsuccessful letter by the specified date if they would like to remain on the waiting list.
|Friday 17 July 2020|
Waiting List ComposedThe waiting list is composed of families whose application was not initially successful and who indicate a desire to be placed on the waiting list.
Second Round OffersVacancies created by families declining enrolment or for any other reason, are filled from the waiting list. Emails will be accompanied by an Enrolment Form and families will be asked to submit completed form and Enrolment Establishment Fee (see "Acceptance (or Decline) of Offers", above) by a nominated date to confirm their enrolment. (Note: the waiting list may be retained after the start of the next school year, if appropriate.)
|From Term 3 until the end of the school|